Our durian is more flavorful than anything you can buy in local or online stores!
Exotic fruits USA bring the juiciest and flavorful natural delicacies of Durians.
The Durian is widely known and revered in Southeast Asia as the "King of Fruits", durian fruit is distinctive for its large size, unique odor, and formidable thorn-covered husk. Durian fruits can grow up to 30 centimeters (12 in) long and 15 centimeters (6 in) in diameter, and typically weighs one to three kilograms (2 to 7 lb). Durian shape ranges from oblong to round, the color of its husk green to brown, and its flesh pale-yellow to red, depending on the species.
The British naturalist Alfred Russel Wallace famously described its flesh as "a rich custard highly flavored with almonds" in the 19th century.
The Durian flesh can be consumed at various stages of ripeness, and is used to flavor a wide variety of savory and sweet edibles in Southeast Asian cuisines.
The durian seeds can also be eaten when cooked. The name durian comes from the Malay word (thorn) with suffix -an.
Our Durian fruits are packed to order the day they ship and are most juicy and flavorful when they arrive to your door and always full of freshness and ready to eat.
Send beautiful gift baskets as gifts as special delivery with a personal message and are the best.
Every Durian is hand packed on the day we ship them.Send the best premium mouth watering Durian as a gift.
This nutrient profile makes durian one of the most nutritious fruits worldwide.
Durian is very high in nutrients compared to most other fruits.
One cup (243 grams) of pulp provides (1):
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 13 grams
- Carbs: 66 grams
- Fiber: 9 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
- Vitamin C: 80% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Thiamine: 61% of the DV
- Manganese: 39% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 38% of the DV
- Potassium: 30% of the DV
- Riboflavin: 29% of the DV
- Copper: 25% of the DV
- Folate: 22% of the DV
- Magnesium: 18% of the DV
- Niacin: 13% of the DV
It’s also rich in healthy plant compounds, including anthocyanins, carotenoids, polyphenols, and flavonoids. Many of these function as antioxidants .
Health benefits of durian
All parts of the durian plant — leaves, husk, roots, and fruit — have been used in traditional Malaysian medicine to treat various illnesses, including high fever, jaundice, and skin conditions (2).
Studies suggest that durian fruit offers the following health benefits (2, 3):
- Reduces cancer risk. Its antioxidants may neutralize cancer-promoting free radicals. In one test-tube study, durian extract prevented a strain of breast cancer cells from spreading.
- Prevents heart disease. Several compounds in durian may help reduce cholesterol levels and your risk of atherosclerosis, or the hardening of your arteries.
- Fights infection. The rind contains compounds that have antibacterial and anti-yeast properties.
- Lowers blood sugar. Durian has a lower glycemic index (GI) than many other tropical fruits, meaning it may spike blood sugar levels less.
While these studies show promise, many have been done on animals or in test tubes. No solid claims can be made until the health benefits of durian have been confirmed by controlled studies in people.